This is not a foodie blog, although I may talk about food from time to time.
It is not a rant blog, although I may do that, too.
It is simply a sharing of my thoughts because we all need an audience who responds to us,
to validate that we mean something, that we are alive.
Enjoy.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Infinite Rambling

I am always pleasantly amazed when I come across a book that articulates the thoughts that circle in my mind just out of reach of consciousness. My most recent serendipitous find is Bruce Lipton’s Spontaneous Evolution. Since I listened to it while driving, I couldn’t underline as I am wont to do, but I may buy the book just for underlining privileges.

Lipton uses a variety of sciences, quantum physics among them, to present a holistic (why isn’t that wholistic?) view of the Earth as a living organism and humans having as much influence over their own genes as their genes over them. It all makes perfect sense to me. I’ve never understood the need for an either-or/good-evil point of view. Life is not bi-polar; it’s multi-polar.

I love the theory of multi-dimensions or better yet, infinite dimensions. Imagine that there are an infinite number of our Selves living an infinite number of lives with infinite possibilities. Our consciousness moves from one life to another like a fish swimming in a river. Every time we increase our awareness, we move a little farther up the river, leaving an unconscious Self to continue living the life we were once conscious of.

The movement from one of our infinite lives to another is not smooth. It can only be accomplished through struggle and allowing that struggle change us. (This is quantum physics married to Emerson’s Oversoul!) Some people never move through infinity. I really can’t come up with a reason why. Laziness, maybe?

Death may be another way of moving our consciousness. Since all these lives exist in the same place in infinity, we never die because we have never not existed. The belief in reincarnation reflects, to an extent, infinite selves. Psychics seem to be conscious of other people’s consciousness. (I’m not sure how that is relevant, but from a holistic view, everything is relevant.)

All of this makes a very clear picture in my mind, but trying to articulate it makes me doubt my own sanity. Still, I like the idea that there are an infinite number of me out there, and all I have to do is figure out how to move my consciousness into the one that lives on a tropical island.

(I just realized there is no plural for me that doesn’t include someone else. How limiting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment